Volunteering at the library is a great way to use your talents, provide valuable service to the community, learn new skills and meet great people!
- Book Club Leader--We are looking for someone passionate about books who will lead a book club. We are particularly in need of people to run book clubs on non-fiction titles, general fiction and mysteries. You will need to be able to lead a discussion on the book your club selects each month. We would love someone who could run the book club in a hybrid format.
- Coding Club Leaders--Do you love robotics, coding or interested in learning more? We are looking for people with various levels of coding skills to support coding programs in the library.
- Book A Geek One-on-One Tech Help--Put your knowledge of smartphones, apps, email, Microsoft Office apps and more to use by helping out library users who need help troubleshooting problems or learning how to navigate their devices.
- Maker Space Assistants--We are planning to offer open creation hours in our maker space. We are looking for people who can man the space and help people use the equipment. We are looking for people who have skills with the equipment we offer or people are looking to learn and would be able to run the open maker space hours. Open hours would focus on particular equipment (CNC, 3D printing, sewing machines, etc.) or be exploratory for kids or teens.
- Email our Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in becoming a volunteer.
- A background check must be completed for all volunteers before you begin volunteering. All volunteers age 18 and older must complete a report of criminal history from the PA State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from the Dept. of Public Welfare as well as a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) if you have lived in the state for less than 10 years. If you have lived in the state of Pennsylvania continuously for the past 10 years you may complete a Disclosure Statement which is found HERE.
- A staff member will contact you to discuss your interest and set up a schedule for training.