In-Person Library Service
The mission of the Library is to help the people of our community achieve their full potential through the transformative power of information, imagination & ideas. We provide the highest level of service to all library users through appropriate and usefully organized resources; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
We continue to monitor the situation in Delaware County and will adjust services offered inside the library based on guidance received from local government and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
We will continue to offer Contactless Curbside Pick-Up hours during Grab and Go Browsing. We ask that you limit your time in the library to no more than 30 minutes.
To maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff
- All staff and patrons 2 years old and up who ARE NOT fully vaccinated are required to properly wear a face mask. The library has face masks available if you do not have one. If you are unable to wear a face covering and ARE NOT fully vaccinated, staff will assist you by retrieving materials for you or you can take advantage of our curbside service. Our friendly staff is able to help you locate the perfect book, movie or listen!
- 6-foot social distancing is encouraged.
- You may enter the building using the main entrance or the side door by Mr. Jason's desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons to use as they enter and leave the building.
- The Book Bin is open browsing.
- Public access computers are available for appointments & walk-ins. Chromebooks are available for use should you wish to sit outside and use a computer.
- Print jobs may emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't wish to use a library computer or are working outside. Please call the library to let us know you have submitted a job for printing. You will be given a time to come to the library to pay for and pick-up your print outs.
- Staff will be disinfecting high touch surfaces hourly. Sanitizing wipes will be available at computer stations.
- Please continue to return materials in the book drop. Most items are placed in a 24 hour quarantine before they are checked in.
- Indoor & outdoor seating is available for use.
The following services are currently available:
- 24/7 Digital Library is always available
- Public computer access
- Chromebooks to check out
- Virtual & In-person programs for all ages
- Contactless Curbside Pick-Up
- Friends of the Middletown Free Library Book Bin in the lower level
- 3D Printing by submission
- Outdoor seating
- Philadelphia Inquirer and Delaware County Times newspapers
At this time the following services will not be available:
- Toys, games and seating in the children’s area
- Water fountains
- Library programs in the library's meeting space