Visiting the Library
The mission of the Library is to help the people of our community achieve their full potential through the transformative power of information, imagination & ideas. We provide the highest level of service to all library users through appropriate and usefully organized resources; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
We continue to monitor the situation in Delaware County and will adjust services offered based on guidance received from local government and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
To maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff
- Masks are required for everyone in the Children's Library regardless of vaccination status. Mask are required for all attendees at indoor programs aimed at youth ages 11 & under.
- Masks are recommended for all visitors to the library regardless of vaccination status.
- Disposable face masks are available from staff should you need one.
- Masks must be worn by participants at all indoor library programs for ages 12 & over unless you provide proof of full vaccination prior to the program or before entering the program space. If you do not wish to provide proof, then you must wear a mask or you will not be allowed to attend the program.
- 6-foot social distancing is encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons to use as they enter and leave the building.
- Public access computers are available for appointments & walk-ins. Chromebooks are available for use should you wish to sit outside and use a computer.
- Staff will be disinfecting high touch surfaces frequently. Sanitizing wipes will be available at computer stations.
- Indoor & outdoor seating is available for use.