Grab & Go In-Person Library Service
The mission of the Library is to help the people of our community achieve their full potential through the transformative power of information, imagination & ideas. We provide the highest level of service to all library users through appropriate and usefully organized resources; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
We continue to monitor the situation in Delaware County and will adjust services offered inside the library based on guidance received from local government and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and in consultation with the Board of Trustees.
We will continue to offer Contactless Curbside Pick-Up hours during Grab and Go Browsing. We ask that you limit your time in the library to no more than 30 minutes.
Tuesday- 10-11AM (High Risk); 11AM-6PM
Thursday- 10-11AM (High Risk); 11AM-6PM
To maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff
- All staff and patrons 2 years old and up are required to properly wear a face mask. You must wear a face mask even if you are fully vaccinated or have had COVID in the past 3 months. The library has face masks available if you do not have one. No one will be allowed to enter the library without a face mask. If you are unable to wear a face covering, staff will assist you by retrieving materials for you or you can take advantage of our curbside service. Our friendly staff is able to help you locate the perfect book, movie or listen!
- Face masks must be worn properly, covering both the nose and mouth at all times.
- 6-foot social distancing is required and spots will be marked on the floor at the checkout desk to assist this.
- In order to maintain social distance at the circulation desk, you will enter the building through the side door by the children’s area and exit out the front doors by the circulation desk. You may use the ramp and enter through the main entrance.
- The Library will have limited capacity with only a certain number of people allowed in the building at a time. No more than 20 people will be allowed in the building at any time. If we are at capacity we ask that you wait outside until we can safely let you into the building.
- Hand sanitizer is available for staff and patrons to use as they enter and leave the building.
- The lower level will remain closed to the public. If you need to use a restroom or browse the Book Bin, you must check in and out at the front desk for access. Changing tables will not be available at this time.
- The Book Bin is open browsing. In order to maintain social distance, only one person or family group at a time will be allowed to browse the Book Bin. Please check-in with the Front Desk for access to the Book Bin.
- Public access computers are available for 30 minute appointments. If you need more time, you may use a Chromebook and take advantage of our outdoor seating.
- Print jobs may emailed to email@example.com if you don't wish to use a library computer. Please call the library to let us know you have submitted a job for printing. You will be given a time to come to the library to pay for and pick-up your print outs.
- Staff will be taking hand washing breaks and disinfecting high touch surfaces hourly.
- All materials must be returned through the Book Drop slot on the outside of the building. We will not accept returns at the circulation desk. All materials immediately go into a 72 hour quarantine before they are checked in.
The following services are currently available:
- 24/7 Digital Library is always available
- Public computer access
- Chromebooks to check out
- Virtual & In-person programs for all ages
- Contactless Curbside Pick-Up
- Friends of the Middletown Free Library Book Bin in the lower level
- 3D Printing by submission
- Outdoor seating
- Philadelphia Inquirer and Delaware County Times newspapers
At this time the following services will not be available:
- Sitting, gathering, or socializing inside the building
- Toys, games and seating in the children’s area
- 3D carving machine and other makerspace equipment
- Water fountains